We are looking for a new loving live-in nanny for our son, Carl (1.5 years old). Our current nanny, Solveig, has decided to move on from the end of September to pursue a degree at university. We would ideally like for someone to start September 1st to have a month overlap with Solveig to ensure a smooth transition for the new nanny and for our son.
I have outlined a bit of the position below:
We are based in Helleup, Denmark which is 15 minutes outside of Copenhagen. The nanny needs to be an EU citizen to gain a work permit in Denmark. It’s a live-in position and the nanny has her own room, separate kitchen and bathroom with a separate entrance (i.e. pretty good privacy). Our son Carl is now 19 months. He is a happy and curious toddler who sleeps really well (thank God! ??), loves cars, being tickled and playing in our garden. He attends nursery approx.. 9-15, so while it is a full time position, the nanny does have some time off during the day (could accommodate part time online studying similarly to Solveig). We have a cleaning lady once a week who does all the heavy cleaning around the house, but the nanny is responsible for light daily cleaning of e.g. kitchen area, laundry, ironing, setting out daily breakfast and cooking dinner 2-3 times a week as well as generally helping us ensure a smooth household. We also expect that nanny to be responsible for Carl overnight 1-2 times a week including either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday to allow us flexibility to go out for dinner etc. (Thankfully he sleeps very well so really this just entails being home with the monitor). We make it home in time for his bedtime 95% of the time, but the nanny should be comfortable doing his bedtime routine and taking overnight responsibility for him on the rare occasion that we both need to travel, are working very late or have a social engagement.
We also want to be transparent that we are hoping for another baby and the nanny should be comfortable with infants incl. overnight once or twice a week (same nights as the nanny has Carl now).
Further details below:
• Fluent English speaker (at advanced level)
• Experience with infants and/or toddlers
• EU citizenship (in order to receive work permit in Denmark)
• Positive attitude, takes initiative and is willing to be flexible to meet the family’s need
• Need flexibility to travel with family when required
• Expected gross salary: 1.400-1.900 Euro per month (pre-tax) depending on qualification as well as full board + additional pay for overtime on weekends as required
• The nanny will be provided with a ~20 sqm bedroom in a lovely and fully renovated basement (with windows overlooking the garden) and have access to her own kitchen (part of family utility room), toilet and shower
• 5 weeks of vacation to be planned in accordance with the family. Expect 3 weeks during the summer and 2 weeks over Christmas (unpaid)
• Yearly bonus and salary step-up
We hope this position sounds interesting to you. Please feel free to get in contact with me if you have any questions or want to learn more.
Family Hoffmann Von Holten