Top 10 Interview Questions to Ask Your Nanny Job Applicants
If you’re hiring a nanny for the first time, it can be difficult to know which questions you need to ask. How do you identify a good nanny from a nanny that just isn’t suited to you and your family? How do you know that you’ve chosen the perfect nanny for your children?
We’ve put together a list of our top 10 interview questions to ask your nanny job applicants to help you determine who’s the cream of the crop:
- Why did you choose to become a nanny?
- What is your current position and why do you want to leave?
- What are you looking for in your next position?
- What salary are you seeking?
- When would you be available to start a new position?
- Can you cook?
- Why do you enjoy looking after children?
- Are you trained in First Aid?
- How do you see your role in disciplining my child/children?
- What household tasks are you happy to perform? (e.g. nursery duties only, light housework, ironing, cooking)
You can also check out our more comprehensive list of interview questions, as well as the questions you shouldn’t ask here.