What’s in Your Nanny Bag?
As a nanny, you need to be prepared for any situation, especially if you have young children. Even the simplest thing can save the day, or ruin it.
That’s why we’ve put together our list of essential items for your nanny bag:
- Nappies & Nappy Bags – We’ll start with the obvious. If your child is in nappies, do not leave them behind! This can really ruin a day out; even a quick trip to the local park or shops can be disastrous without them. And don’t forget the nappy rash cream!
- Baby Wipes – Even if your children are older, baby wipes will always come in handy for cleaning up sticky fingers and faces.
- Tissues – You always need one when you don’t have any, especially during cold and flu season.
- Infant Paracetamol or Ibuprofen – Essential if your little one develops a sudden temperature or headache.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing – Woolly hats, gloves and scarves or sunhats, sunglasses and sunscreen. Whatever, the weather, be prepared!
- Bottled Water/Baby Bottles – Essential for longer journeys.
- Toys/Teething Toys – If you have a teething baby, a nice cool teether or teething gel will help to keep them calm and happy, whilst a child’s favourite toy can be enough to keep them occupied, even if only for a short while; perfect if you’re waiting for an appointment or having lunch at a busy restaurant.
- Hand Sanitiser – Because all children like to play with things they shouldn’t.
- Change of Clothes – For everyone, depending on the activity but mostly necessary for children who are potty training.
- Snacks – A tasty, healthy treat can help to pick your child up after a hard day or if their mood is lulling between meals. A quick break and an energy spike can really help improve the day for everyone involved.
Keep your nanny bag topped up and never leave without it!
Do you have any other nanny bag essentials we’ve missed from our list? Let us know!