Fun Elf on the Shelf Ideas!
How are you getting on with that mischievous little man (or woman) known as Elf on the Shelf. It can be difficult to think of new mischief for your elf to get up to, especially if this isn’t the first year he’s come to stay.
That’s why we’ve put together plenty of new Elf on the Shelf ideas to help delight children of all ages this Christmas!
- Snow angels – make a snow angel with your elf using a small amount of flour or colourful sprinkles.
- The first present – wrap your elf up like a present for the children to find and open the day he arrives.
- Hostage situation – using a little tape or string, have your child’s other toys ‘kidnap’ your elf.
- Sleeping like a bat – hang your elf upside down to sleep.
- Marshmallow bath – find a container large enough for your elf to sit in and fill with marshmallows.
- An elf date – set up a date between your elf and another toy.
- Elf selfie – this works great if you have a printer/scanner, just lay your elf on the scanning surface and print a couple of ‘selfies’.
- Snowball fight – dust a surface with flower, use marshmallows as ammunition as your elf and another toy(s) have the ultimate snowball fight!
- Sweet tooth – Put your elf half inside a bag of tasty treats, you could even leave some ‘crumbs’ as further evidence.
- Hiding in the cutlery drawer – Hide your elf amongst the cutlery, maybe he’s holding your child’s breakfast spoon.
- The name game – use marshmallows to spell your child’s or your elf’s name on the kitchen counter.
- Leave a note – give your elf a pen and have him leave a personalised note for your child reminding them to be extra good.
- Reading a book – encourage your child to read by having your elf sit with an open book.
- Graffiti – using cotton wool, red felt and a dab of washable glue, have your elf decorate the various photos around you house with Christmas hats and beards.
- Elf kisses – make a simple kissing booth for your elf.
- Baking elf – have your elf make a batch of Christmas cookies but there’s one missing…remember to leave crumbs as evidence.
- TP the Christmas tree – this one is a little messy but still lots of fun.
These are just a few simple ideas for you to try with your Elf on the Shelf this December. What does your elf get up to? Share your ideas.