Poppy Lane Placements
020 7243 9049Website: View
Poppy Lane Placements
Location: Holland Park
Days/hours: Monday – Friday /40 hours per week (occasional weekends)
Care for: B6, G9 & G11
Salary: £35K-£45K (Depending on skills and experience)
Start Date: June 2019
We are seeking a fun, experienced Nanny to join a lovely family based in Holland Park.
You will be contracted to work 40 hours per week from Monday-Friday. Duties will include driving the children to and from school, cooking healthy, balanced meals, booking and accompanying the children to various activities as well as homework supervision. The family are seeking a bright, self-starting individual who is adaptable and possesses a positive demeanour. This is a busy but happy household with a team of staff who work well together.
Ideal characteristics would be a candidate who is capable and hands on, kind and committed, whilst able to set boundaries when needed. You will work in partnership with the mother as the children have a busy and varied schedule. It is likely that aspects of the role will be divided so that you are able to keep on top of their routine. You will need be switched on, confident with logistics and have a flexible approach to your work.
The family travel to the Hamptons for up to 6 weeks over the summer holidays so a Nanny excited by travel would be advantageous. It is not necessary for you to cover the whole duration of this period and the client is flexible.
A driver is essential for this position so you must be the holder of a full clean drivers license.
This is an amazing role for a Nanny looking to work with a lovely, down to earth family.
Interviewing now for a June 2019 start!
• Supervision of children at all times and general day to day care
• Maintaining children’s timetables
• Preparing healthy meals
• Packing suitable clothing/toys and any other personal effects for all travel/visits
• Escorting children on agreed trips
• Arranging appointments (eg. doctor check-ups and vaccinations & record keeping, haircuts, extracurricular activities etc)
• Plan and lead educational activities including reading and assisting with homework
• Ad hoc errands
• Proxy parenting when the parents are away
• School drop offs and collections
• Assisting with homework
• Organising activities and planning excursions and trips
• Organising birthday parties and special events
• Arranging medical and dental appointments
• Liaising with the children’s school
• Managing the children’s schedules
• Occasional travel with the family
• Weekend cover for the family
• Running errands
• Grocery shopping
To be considered for this role, you must have;
• Longevity in previous roles
• Possess (or be willing to get) an up to date DBS check
• Have excellent contactable references
• Have experience working with children of a similar age
• Have a valid passport and be able to travel