Childcare is Tough! Stay Energised with These Top Tips!
Being a parent is tough! Being a nanny is tough! Working in a nursery is tough! Raising a child is one of the most rewarding, but also one of the most challenging things you could ever do. The trouble with constantly taking care of the needs of your child or young charges is that it’s easy to push aside your own which can quickly lead to burnout that can affect both you and your children.
Try these top tips to help you take care of and re-energise yourself:
- Carve out some time! The most important thing you can do is carve out a little time each day just for you. It can start with just 10 minutes or an hour if you can stretch to it.
- Make a list of the things that make you happy or the things that inspire or relax you.
- Pick something from your list and take the time to do it. If that means sitting down for twenty minutes once the kids are in bed or at school and reading a book, do it. If it means booking an appointment at the salon to get your hair and nails done, find someone who can watch your children and do it!
- To help you relax and become more mindful, why not book a yoga or meditation class? If you don’t have the time to actually go to a class, find one on YouTube and do it at home.
- With Christmas coming up, why not ask for a spa trip. If it seems a little expensive, remember that most spa’s offer discounts on smaller treatments like a single massage or time in the sauna, and you can always look on voucher sites such as Groupon and Voucher Codes for any special offers!
- If you’re feeling more than just stressed and tired, go to the doctors. When you’re always putting someone else first, it can be all too easy to forget about your own health needs, so if there’s something concerning you, get it checked.
- Sleep – if you’re always tired, try going to bed a little earlier. Sometimes even 30 minutes can make all the difference.
Remember, “There’s no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.”
How do you like to relax after a long day of childcare? Share your tips in the comments below.