Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Take Your Child Camping
Camping is the perfect summer activity for families, especially those on a low budget.
That’s why we’ve put together our top 5 reasons why you should take your child camping this summer:
1. Disconnect – Technology is everywhere. We’re in the digital age, which makes it almost unavoidable. Whether it’s TV, smartphones, computers, video games, or tablets; it’s thought that too much screen time can be linked to ADHD, obesity and sleep disorders. Camping allows you to leave the technology at home, immerse yourself in nature and disconnect from the digital world.
2. Bonding – Without the distraction of technology, camping is the perfect opportunity to bond with your family. Spending quality, undisturbed time together can help you to grow closer and get to know each other better.
3. Exercise – Being outdoors is great for the mind and body. A good dose of fresh air and regular physical exercise via hiking, swimming, running around and collecting firewood are mentally and physically rewarding.
4. Survival Skills – Learning survival skills are extremely fun for children. Building campfires, shelters, learning to read a map and navigate with a compass, filtering water and discovering which plants are edible are fun ways for children to learn basic wilderness skills.
5. Respect – Taking children out into nature where they are surrounded by different creatures and animals will help to teach them that our planet and its animals are extremely important.
Do you take your children camping? We’d love to hear your thoughts and tips in the comments!